Assuming that you just created a new form, but you didn't configure it to be immediately shared in your chat platform or anything, you can watch this video or follow these options to manually share the form with your team.
Get a shareable link
1. Go to Forms and locate the icon with the three dots ••• in the row that belongs to your form, then click on "Share link".
Send a notification to a channel
1. Go to Forms and locate the icon with the three dots ••• in the row that belongs to your form, then click on "Notify on channel". That will open a modal window:
2. Click on the dropdown box to select the channel where you'll send the notification, then click "Yes, continue".
If everything went well, DailyBot will immediately notify everyone in that channel about your form, like this:
Chat shortcuts: Share on demand
Shortcuts (commands that you create) can be also used to retrieve a form.
1. Go to Forms and locate the icon with the three dots ••• in the row that belongs to your form, then click on "Configure". Select the "Setup" tab afterward to see your form settings.
2. In there, toggle on the first option "ChatOps & Custom Commands" to see a new input box where you can name your shortcut. This is the name you'll use to call the form (e.g. my-form), and it works like any other command you use at DailyBot, custom or not:
3. Click "Update and finish" to save your changes. If everything went well, you can use that command in your chat platform now to retrieve (and share) the form.
If you use that shortcut (or command) in a channel where others are also participating, you can create a dynamic where anyone can easily fill in this form at any time, and no one needs to know where to get the link for it, or even remember it. This works specially well with information that you constantly share, but it's not something really periodic like the case of regular check-ins.
Article is closed for comments.