An intentional virtual coffee (or tea, or your preferred drink) includes low-fidelity activities like talking and brainstorming.
Set aside some time with your peers. It restores your energy and create engagement.
Type @DailyBot virtual coffee to participate in weekly matches for 1-1s and casual conversations.
- Participants of the weekly virtual coffee must all opt-in using "virtual coffee on".
- The pairing starts on Mondays. On this day, every participant will receive a message confirming their participation. The bot will give the user the opportunity to opt-out for that week in one click, or do nothing and carry on with that weekly virtual coffee.
- Participants have Monday through Wednesday, 5:59pm to opt-out.
- On Wednesday at 6:00pm, the bot will announce that week's matches to all participants through a private message between the matches (usually 2, sometimes 3 people)
- Users have the rest of the week to schedule their 1:1 meetings and connect. On Sundays, the system will reboot itself and get ready for new invites next Monday morning.
Try this command to see the complete list of commands for the virtual coffee.
virtual coffee on: to activate weekly virtual coffees.
virtual coffee off: to deactivate weekly virtual coffees.
virtual coffee match: to see who’s your current weekly match.
virtual coffee skip: to skip your match for the week.
virtual coffee unskip: before Wednesday if you've changed your mind and want to be re-matched this week.
virtual coffee block @user: to block a user.
virtual coffee unblock @user: to unblock a user.
virtual coffee blocked list: to see your list of blocked users.
- At the moment the date/time is fixed, so, no, it's not possible to change the time of the match, or the day when it occurs.
- Participants are matched automatically every week, unless they opt out within the grace period (Mon - Wed 6pm) using the "skip" command or the button below every weekly invitation.