💡 Your server will need these to run well.
Permissions in Discord are a way to limit and grant certain abilities to users. A set of base permissions can be configured at the guild level for different roles. When these roles are attached to users, they grant or revoke specific privileges within the guild. Along with the guild-level permissions, Discord also supports permission overwrites that can be assigned to individual guild roles or guild members on a per-channel basis. See docs
The following permissions are required by DailyBot to operate:
- Create Invite: Allows the creation of instant invites.
- Change Nickname: Allows for modification of own nickname.
- Read Messages: Allows guild members to view a channel, which includes reading messages in text channels.
- Send Messages: Allows for sending messages in a channel.
- Create Public Threads: Allows for creating and participating in threads.
- Create Private Threads: Allows for creating and participating in private threads.
- Manage Messages: Allows for deletion of other users messages.
- Embed Links: Links sent by users with this permission will be auto-embedded.
- Attach Files: Allows for uploading images and files.
- Mention @everyone, @here, and All Roles: Allows for using the @everyone tag to notify all users in a channel, and the @here tag to notify all online users in a channel.
- Use External Emojis: Allows the usage of custom emojis from other servers.
- Use External Stickers: Allows the usage of custom stickers from other servers.
- Add Reactions: Allows for the addition of reactions to messages.
- Use Application Commands: Allows members to use application commands, including slash commands and context menu commands.
See the correct permissions in action here: