We recently released one of our biggest improvements of the year: Multi-organization support. (See Release notes)✨
Native support for multiple organizations
The multi-organization support is a departure from our long-standing tradition of single organizations. As you might know, you already can add multi-domain support to your organization if required, but we stumbled across another case: The bigger the organization or company, the more difficult it was to establish a single organizational structure for all.
Some teams were okay managing their team check-ins and related information with the in-built privacy settings, while others were finding issues because they even needed to run some teams completely independently in terms of billing and contracting.
So here it is: a simple solution for a rather complex problem. Stay with us to see more details about the multi-organization support on DailyBot.
Introducing: The Organization Grid
The Organization Grid is the extra layer that will allow users, teams and companies to create and manage multiple organizations in DailyBot.
As companies get more and more complex, managing independent teams can pose a challenge. Organization Grid is DailyBot's solution for that, allowing your team to work independently while being connected to the same chat platform you know and love.
Organization Grid is a paid feature for Enterprise. Compare plan features and pricing here.
Context: The new term to keep an eye on
- Even though you'll still see one DailyBot in your chat platform, the bot will only understand what you're saying depending on the organization that you have active at the moment.
- DailyBot will let you know each time you switch to a different organization so you know from the beginning what kind of commands or information you can retrieve.
- Keep in mind that DailyBot will automatically switch to the organization that you have open on the web app in the chat as well.
Chats: Same old, same old
- Chats are still the same, as usual, that includes the way your information is portrayed, and the way our commands (and yours) work. The only thing you have to notice is the alert message that will indicate the last session you opened. That's how you know what organization you have active right now.
Bot session changed to "Your Company" Organization.
Running DailyBot with a multi-organization environment
We prepared this three introductory articles for you to get accustomed to DailyBot for multiple organizations.
- How do I create a new organization from the web app? (See article)
- How can I join a new organization from the "Change Organizations" option? (See article)
- I don't want people from other teams or departments in my company to join my paid organization (See article)
Need any help? Submit a ticket.