Besides the predefined chat commands we built into DailyBot to help you manage your organization, you can create your own chat commands (a.k.a. shortcuts) to bring new information to the chat on demand.
Watch the video or follow these quick instructions to get up and running with your own commands.
1. Open your account in the web app and select the Automation & Add-ons tab from your navigation bar
2. Select the Create command button to open up a new window
3. Set up the basic info about your command like a name and description
4. Think about what your command will do and select the best option in the dropdown menu
5. Fill out the contents of your command — whether it is a predefined text or an endpoint URL (or even custom code! Depending on what you select in the previous field).
6. (Recommended) Test your command by clicking Test Command View at the top-right side of your screen. This option only appears after filling out the contents of the command.
7. Review and save. You can start using your new command right away!
Article is closed for comments.