To connect Linear, get your DailyBot hook URL and then configure a new webhook in your Linear app settings using this URL. Make sure every DailyBot user and Linear user has the same email so the activity is properly logged to each user.
What are the steps?
- Go to the DailyBot Integrations page > Linear, then copy your own hook URL.
- Go to your LinearApp, then navigate to Settings > API > Webhooks.
- Add a new webhook, paste the URL just copied from DailyBot.
- As event types, select "Issues" - these are the only ones tracked by DailyBot now
- Create an API Key in Linear: DailyBot only utilizes this API key to be able to fetch the user related to each activity
- Input the Linear API Key in DailyBot, and you're done!
Creating the webhook
Creating your Linear API Key
Saving API Key on DailyBot
How does DailyBot match Linear users with DailyBot users?
All the DailyBot users should have an email address that matches the Linear user email.
If that information doesn't match, the Linear event will be ignored and no activity will be tracked in DailyBot.
Activate the check-in activity tracking
The activity tracked can be included in any stand-up or check-in reports. Such activity will be seen in @DailyBot's chatbot reports (sent to channels or DMs) or on the web app reports.
To make sure the activity is displayed, enable the activity tracking for the check-ins where you want to have this behavior.
1. Go to the check-in settings
2. Click Sharing, and then activate the "Activity tracking" on the advanced options section
You should enable this option in every check-in where you want to see activity in the reports.
What activity is shown in the reports?
There will be a new column automatically added to the check-in responses and it will contain any activity that was logged in the period starting 24 hours previous to the check-in response, and until end of the day current response.
Article is closed for comments.